New Irvine Metropolis Supervisor John Russo has accomplished quite a bit about how he drives the town. The Metropolis's web site has a new transparency portal, and it reflects the efforts he has made in Riverside before he was shot.
Nevertheless, its actuality is extra of an illusion of openness.
At the end of Might my spouse got here residence and located an envelope that was addressed to me in entrance of us; doesn’t stamp and write the tackle. A two-sided letter describing several questions concerning the new metropolis chief and his Riverside workforce now in Irvine. The questions showed vital inner information and it was not signed.
I have several stories telling you that "you should write about it" or "you should reveal it." Most of these nameless ideas will never hold onto information, research or public info.
So, at the finish of Might, I made a request for public paperwork. Under is a minimize and hooked up:
I have several info I need to minimize my PRA request in 5 elements. Before I begin, I'll begin with the question. I understand that Metropolis Employees was informed that in the course of the subsequent monetary yr, the price range deficit can be $ 12-15 million, because of the devastating bills of the town director and his group. The charges of corporations and sports teams have increased. I perceive that the town is making an attempt to scale back or scale back the help of the Irvine faculties. If in case you have an opinion on this, I want to hear from you.
PRA1 – John Russo
- He has automotive compensation as part of a contract; how a lot is that this in a month?
- Does Mr. Russo use a city car to move places around the metropolis and does he use a metropolis car for Tustin and / or Irvine railway stations and from there to Riverside the place he lives? 19659009] How does Mr. Russo arrive at the office every morning? Is the town car waiting for him on the practice station?
- Has Mr. Russo been a guest at any time or has taken any breakfast / lunch / supper time by an organization or lobbyist who would have required acknowledgment and / or declaration of financial interest
- Are you able to present a replica of each type 700, Mr Russo has completed
- How much does Russo pay for the day?
- What number of days has Mr. Russo been away from the office (business, trip or different)?
- Has Deputy Mayor Marianna Marysheva acquired automotive compensation as half of the contract and, in that case, how much month-to-month?
- Does Marysheva use the town for the practice stations of Tustin and / or Irvine after which to the Riverside district where she lives?
- In that case, is it the same metropolis car Mr. Russo supposedly using (have they got no automobiles?)
- How. Marysheva arrives at the office each morning? Is the town car waiting for him at the practice station?
- Has Marysheva been a visitor in any group beneath any circumstances or did she take breakfast / lunch / dinner by an organization or lobbyist who would have required an acknowledgment and / or declaration of financial curiosity
- Give a replica of all 700 varieties she has offered .
- What number of city meals did the employees pay to Marysheva with PCard? We ask you to offer information about the workers who participated within the meal and its objective.
- Report Marysheva's begin wage to Irvine and her present compensation. if his present compensation is greater, what date was increased?
- How many salary will increase has he given because the start of the Irvine job?
- What’s Marysheva's projected salary for the monetary yr 2019?
- Has Marysheva been compensated on holidays or bonuses;
- If the Metropolis Council approves the proposed employee labor negotiations on March 28, how a lot is the typical wage improve per dollar per wage competition per worker yr 1, yr 2, yr 3 and yr four? Please indicate the typical of all models, together with administration and confidential.
- Report the identify and identify of each metropolis worker who has acquired further compensation on holidays? How a lot and what is the reasoning
- What number of bids have been made without recruiting, including administration positions? Enter Names, Titles (Former / Present) and Compensation (Former / Current)
- What number of seats have been faraway from the Mayor's Office?
- How many staff are not working in the mayor's office for dismissal? and / or transfer
- Is Kaitlyn Nguyen, Chief Monetary Officer of Economic Improvement, and in that case, how a lot monthly
- Does Nguyen use a metropolis automotive to Tustin and / or Irvine practice stations in the Riverside County where he lives? Is this the same car that’s supposed to be used by Mr. Russo and / or Mrs Marysheva? (Do they have a carpool)
- How does Nguyen arrive at the office in the morning? Is the town car ready for him on the practice station?
- Has Nguyen been a visitor in any organization underneath any circumstances or by taking a breakfast / lunch / dinner firm or lobbying that may have required acknowledgment and / or declaration of financial curiosity
- Please present a replica of all 700 types he has offered.
- Is Nguyen's report on the status of his position to draw new businesses to Irvine? Has his efforts been successful and will you provide any particulars?
- How many occasions has he traveled away from the state – on the length of the trip, on the purpose and price of the trip.
- How many occasions did the town pay the travel bills and determine different organizations that paid other travel expenses?
I acknowledge that there’s a lot of unpacking right here, and these requests are more likely to last greater than 10 working days. I might be grateful if the answers, information. Documents, notes hooked up to the appropriate number PRA.
Thank you in your consideration to this lengthy request.
Reply message – liberal OC 5-30-19 is right here. If you don’t want to open an attachment, see under:
This letter refers to your requests made on 30 Might 2019 beneath the California Public Data Act
(Government Decree 6250 et seq.).  Metropolis Lawyer's Office has said that your request to request certain data which might be exempt from full disclosure or that require retrial, including: Private Info the place the non-disclosure public interest clearly exceeds disclosure (the Private Knowledge Protection Act accepted by voters) November four, 2008, Government Decree 6255. § Metropolis of San Jose v. Superior Courtroom (1999) 74 Cal.App.4th 1008)
Info coated by the overall curiosity exception; The public curiosity that isn’t revealed within the document is clearly higher than the general public interest served by the publication of the document. (Authorities Code 6255; Occasions Mirror Co. v. Superior Courtroom (1991) 53 Cal.3d 1325); and personnel, medical or comparable information, the disclosure of which would represent an unjustified assault on personal privateness (Government Code 6254 (c)).
See City Answers under:
1. “He [John Russo] has car compensation as part of a contract; how much is this in a month?
Answer: See p. Appendix A, City Manager Agreement.
2. “Does Mr. Russo use a city vehicle to transport places around the city and does he use a city vehicle to Tustin and / or Irvine train stations and from there to Riverside where he lives?”
City car out there for City Manager  three. “How does Mr. Russo arrive at the office every morning? Is the city vehicle waiting for him at the train station?
Answer: No matching records.
4. “Has Mr. Russo been a guest in any organization or has taken any breakfast / lunch / dinner time by a company or lobbying that would have required a declaration of receipt and / or financial interest.”
Reply: Ks . Appendix B, 700 types.
5. "Can you give a copy of each form 700, Mr. Russo is ready."
Answer: See, e.g. Appendix B, 700 varieties.
6. "How much does Mr. Russo replace in a day?"
Answer: See, e.g. Annex C, Company Expenditure Coverage.
7. “How many days has Mr Russo been out of the office (business, holiday or otherwise)?”
Answer: Lord. Russo was absent from the office for the businesses the next days:
5-6 November and 27-30, 2018
11-15, 19 and 27-28. 2019
10 April, 26 and 29, 2019
(editor's word: one supply tells me that this can be a lie and there are lots of dates lacking)
others react, released data
8. “Is Marianna Marysheva, Deputy Mayor of the City, a car credit as part of a contract and, if so, how much monthly?”
Answer: Mayor Maryshev has no contract. See. Appendix D, Resolution 19-46, Classification and Compensation Coverage, Administration and Unrepresented Staff Describe His Pursuits.
9. “Does Marysheva use a city vehicle for Tustin and / or Irvine train stations and from there to Riverside County where she lives?”
Reply: The Metropolis Manager is obtainable for City Supervisor office use.
10. “If this is the case, is this the same city vehicle Mr. Russo presumable for uses (do they have no cars)?”
Answer: No comparable info
11. "How. Marysheva arrives at the office every morning? Is the city vehicle waiting for her at the railway station?"
Answer: No comparable info
12. "Has Marysheva been a guest in any organization under any circumstances or took breakfast / by a lunch / dinner company or lobbyist who would have required a declaration of receipt and / or financial interest. ”
Answer: See Appendix E, Form 700 and Annex F, Form 802
13 "Give a replica of all of the 700 shapes he has offered."
Answer: See Appendix E, Type 700.
14. We ask you to offer details about the employees who participated within the meal and its objective. ”
Answer: See Appendix G for Buy Card Info eet.
15. ”Report Marysheva's beginning wage to Irvine and her current compensation; if his present compensation is larger, what date was elevated?
Answer: See p. Appendix H, Marysheva Salary.
16. “How many salary increases he has given since the start of Irvine's work [Ms. Marysheva]?”
Reply: See answer to 15.
17. “What is Marysheva's Predicted Salary for 2019?”
Answer: See p. Annex I, Decision 19-56, grade.
18. “Has Marysheva been compensated on holidays or bonuses; if so, please provide details.
Answer: No Relevant Documents Released.
19. “If the proposed employee labor negotiations on March 28, [requestor clarification: May 28, 2019] are approved by the city council, how much is the average salary increase per dollar for wage competition per employee for year 1, year 2, year 3, and year 4? Enter the average of all units, including administration and confidential.
Answer: See p. Appendix J, City Council Staff Report, May 28, 2019, Section 6.1
20. “Enter the name and name of each city employee who has received additional compensation on holidays? A lot and justification.
Answer: There are no corresponding, released records.
21. “How many bids have been made without recruiting, including management positions? Enter names, titles (former / current), and compensation (former / current). ”[Requestor clarification: date range of July 2018 to present.]
Reply . All competing bids are crammed by way of recruitment. In response to the Municipality and the Employees Laws, certain tasks are exempt from competitive service and may serve the town council or mayor's pleasure. Examples embrace Commissioners, Council Presidents, City Manager, Mayor Assistant, Metropolis Officer, Division Heads, Half-time Staff, Government Staff members, and so forth. As these positions will not be coated by the Employees Laws, they don’t seem to be thought-about as aggressive presents.
22. “How many seats have been removed from the mayor's office. [Requestor clarification: date range of July 2018 to present.]
Response . Appendix K, City Council Joint Meeting with the Orange County Great Park Government Staff Report, 06/11/19, section 5.1, page 6.
23. "How many employees are no longer working in the mayor's office because of separation and / or transfer?"
Answer : See the answer to paragraph 22.
24. "Can economic development director Kaitlyn Nguyen get car compensation, and if so, how much monthly."
Answer: See, e.g. Appendix D, Resolution 19-46, Classification and Compensation Policy for Administrative and Other Operators Representative Employees
25. “Does Nguyen use a city vehicle for Tustin and / or Irvine train stations and from there to Riverside County where he lives? Is this the same vehicle that is supposed to be used by Mr. Russo and / or Mrs Marysheva? (Do they carpool)?
Response : The City Vehicle is available for use by the City Manager.
26. “How does Nguyen arrive at the office in the morning? Is the city vehicle waiting for him at the train station?
Answer: No Related Information
27. “Has Nguyen been a guest in any organization under any circumstances, or has taken breakfast / lunch / dinner by a company or lobbyist who would have required a receipt and / or a declaration of financial interest?”
Answer: Ks. Appendix L, 700 Varieties and Appendix M, Type 802
28. "Give a replica of all of the shapes 700 he has offered."
Answer: See, e.g. Appendix L, 700 forms.
29. “Does Nguyen's report on his efforts to attract new businesses to Irvine? Has his efforts been successful and could you provide any details?
Answer: No Related Information
30. "What number of occasions has he [Ms. Nguyen] traveled away from the state – to where, to the size of the trip, to the aim and price of the journey."
Answer: See Annex N, previously issued in response to your requests for information of 8 April 2019 ]
31. "What number of occasions did the town pay her [Ms. Nguyen] journey bills and determine different organizations that paid different journey expenses?"
Answer: See answer to 30.
Russia has car compensation but still uses it city car. I asked a simple yes or no question from the PIO office; Is there a car in town waiting for Russoa at the train station, yes or no? I understand that when it comes to car reimbursement, it covers the cost of local transport, so getting a city car that gets the car is an extra and unnecessary cost.
Here is a copy of Rousseau's agreement RussoContract:
Here is a copy of some of the city's backups
Decision on Employee Contracts
There's a lot of packaging. Russo has cut certain costs in the mayor's office by removing certain stations and then enriching himself and others with his team. But there is no way to replace the lost times caused by the loss of positions. So the budget is lower, but there is also less work efficiency. You cannot get an increase on the deduction. And it seems that the city leader has set himself up for an extra $ 20K by 2022.
Some of these questions do not require a public book, but certainly a public answer. Offering "no matching entries" is somebody cowardly.
In addition, metropolis staff are screwed. Do not increase a couple of years, followed by a small, not staying inflation. Some staff even ask for a reduction to keep their pensions and sickness insurance coverage, but not necessarily for burning.
Finally, the Ruso settlement nonetheless had a very good value. Russo expressed his intention to move from Riverside to a fair metropolis (or near) within two years. The Ruso contract was signed on 16 July 2018, which suggests we’re approaching the first yr. We know Mr Russo has not moved.
Is the town council – three of which are new to the body when Russo has made a contract plan – to implement the supply of this settlement, or is it going to be continued by a managing director who does the town regardless of our municipality's information of the floor, and that there isn’t any actual skin in the recreation? And, for example, shouldn't the guy chargeable for the precise upkeep of the roads drive them each day?
Mr. In fact, Russo, who truly lives within the area, is, of course, extra prepared to stop worrying about his actual working hours and what we hear is that he’s turning in the direction of brief-termism. with a purpose to overcome Rushide and his busy visitors to his house
However perhaps he can depart early on Friday afternoons.